EFC Resources: Virginia Water and Wastewater Rates Dashboard
Virginia Water and Wastewater Rates Dashboard
Subject: Financial Data, Rates
Program: Drinking Water and Wastewater
Tool type: Dashboard
Version: 2015 v2
Tool: Click to run tool in browser (Flash)
This interactive Rates Dashboard is designed to assist utility managers and local officials analyze residential water and wastewater rates against system characteristics and geography. Utility financial and management data are also available. The rates survey was conducted by Draper Aden Associates, and the Dashboard was created by the Environmental Finance Center.
- Water, sewer and combined water & sewer rates comparisons
- 5,000 gallons/month residential and 1,000,000 gallons/month industrial monthly bill charges
- Connection (tap) and capital recovery (impact) fees comparisons
- Compare to all systems or by system size, median household income, ownership type, river basin, planning district or nearby systems
- Residential rates affordability (% MHI) indicator using Census information on the service area
- Year of last rate increase
- Miscellaneous system management practices and policies (varies each year)
The dashboard is is an Adobe Flash (swf) file that should automatically run on your web browser once it is launched. The dashboard might take 20 to 40 seconds to load on your browser. If you are having trouble accessing the dashboards, try the following steps:
- Download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (9.0 or later) on the browser you are using to access the dashboards (Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.)
- If an error message appears warning about running scripts, accept the scripts to launch the dashboards.
- If you are still having trouble accessing the dashboard, try switching to another web browser (we recommend using Chrome or Internet Explorer). You may need to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player again before you proceed.
- If you are still unable to launch the dashboard, please email David Tucker.
Project page: Utility Financial Sustainability and Rates Dashboardsrates, dashboard, virginia, water rates, wastewater rates, sewer rates, fees, Tap Fees, impact fees, system development charges, industrial rates, industrial water rates, industrial sewer rates, industrial wastewater rates